We provide accommodation and daily meals.
The Lismore Soup Kitchen provides hot lunches and deserts daily with sandwiches to take away, from the Winsome Cafe in Bridge Street Lismore.
We provide breakfast Monday to Thursday at the Red Dove, behind the Uniting Church at 7.00 am behind the Uniting Church in Keen Street Lismore.
The Lismore Soup Kitchen manages the Winsome Cafe which serves cappiccino and cold drinks several mornings a week and is available for functions and fund raising events.
The Lismore Soup Kitchen manages low cost accommodation for marginalised men at the Winsome.
On Track: Services for Homelessness
Who can use our service
If you are seeking safe and secure accommodation, 'On Track's Homelessness Service has a number of support programs for individuals, couples and families who are homeless or are at risk of losing their tenancy.
Where are we located
On Track has staff to support you across the North Coast region including: Ballina, Grafton, Lismore and Tweed Heads. Our team includes Aboriginal workers who work with Aboriginal people and local Indigenous support services across the region.
What we offer
Our Homelessness Service offers individual support through a range of programs.
Supports may include:
- budgeting—helping you to get on top of your financial situation and regain independence in your life
- referrals to agencies for family, relationship, health and substance issues
- examining tenancy arrangements and existing rental arrear situations
- financial counselling and budgeting
- personal and grief counselling
- Links to Life Skills Programs
- anger management support and advice
- Rent It Keep It- a course to improve your understanding of your rights and responsibilities as a tenant
North Coast Accommodation Project (NCAP )
For individuals aged over 16 years and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Long-term case management support is provided to help you find affordable long-term housing.
Tenancy Support Far North Coast (TSP)
For families with accompanying children who are at risk of losing their tenancy. Medium term case management support is provided to help you secure your existing tenancy.
Specialist Homelessness Service
For individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and require short-term support in the Tweed area.
- watch this video about this service: https://vimeo.com/168571437
- Centrelink staff and a St. Vincent de Paul's outreach worker provide weekly visits.
- Medical consultations are arranged.
- Management liaise with Lismore community partners and allied agencies.
- Management consult with the community for the provision of other services and activities.